We warmly welcome you to join our retreat and ask that while on the ashram grounds everyone please follow the guidelines for preserving a spiritual atmosphere. Please make a note of these and discuss it with your children, teens and young adults before arrival.
1. Only vegetarian food and snacks are served at the center. Please do not bring any food or snacks containing meat, fish, eggs or their by products
2. No cigarettes, alcoholic drinks, or intoxicants are permitted
3. Please dress modestly
4. Dancing and romantic relations are not permitted
5. Keeping our attention on meditation and the divine creates a joyful, spiritual retreat for everyone
6. We have a motto for our young people: We ask them to be: Safe, Kind, Dedicated to Truth and Respect. Lets adopt this motto for the retreat!
7. We thank you for coming and making this event a heart felt connection to love and wellness.
Parents: For children 3 and over, we have prepared weekend programs by age groups (see below). Two adult mentors will supervise the 3-8 and 9-12 age groups. Our children love the feeling of camp and spending time with their peers. Please note the schedule for the children's program and note that you are responsible for your children when their program ends.
Sawan Kirpal Meditation Center has dormitories where each room has it's own bathroom and bunkbeds for 6-10 people. If you'd like to see them, please check out the Pictures to see the bunkbeds and bathrooms in the dorms. The center also has cabins with heat & electricity set in a peaceful forest. The cabins have a shared bathroom/shower house a short walk from your cabin.
Please note in your registration if you prefer a dorm room or cabin. We will do our best to accommodate you. You will be assigned a room with other attendees in order to accommodate everyone. Men are welcome to come and serve in the kitchen or with the children. Men will be housed in a men-only cabin. There are hotels near by as well if you prefer.
The following is a suggested list of things to bring for your retreat stay, besides your personal accessories.
(___) Bed Linens (for a twin bed) including pillow case (___) Pillow (we do have many pillows, but you may prefer your own) (___) Towel & toiletries (___) Yoga Clothes & Mat (if you have one) (___) Notebook/Journal & Pen/Pencil (___) Raincoat/Poncho/Umbrella (Check the weather!) (___) Sandals for Shower (___) Insect Spray (___) Flashlight (___) Water Bottle / Coffee Mug
We would love it if you want to share: (____) Your talent on a Musical Instrument (if transportable) e.g. Drums, Guitar, etc. (____) Poem or Song or other special talent (____) Your talent for massage, reflexology, or other healing modality
If you have additional questions, email SOSWomensRetreat@gmail.com